PUBLIC HEALTH NOTICE
COVID UPDATE 18th July 2021
While the impacts of COVID-19 are continually evolving, we are working with the latest advice from the NSW Government to adapt our services and procedures to protect the health and wellbeing of our employees, partners and the community we serve.
- We take this opportunity to provide an update on the measures Catholic Cemeteries + Crematoria are taking to reduce the spread and risk of exposure. Wherever practical, our office-based staff will predominantly work from home and continue to provide services via phone and email. Our offices will remain open with a minimum number of staff to facilitate funeral bookings, at need burial sales and chapel concierge services.
- Access to our offices will be by appointment only. Our phone and online channels remain fully operational to assist with any enquiries.
- All onsite construction work and non-essential Stone Masonry work, including installing headstones and inscriptions, will cease work until the 1st of August 2021. Urgent/emergency utility repairs and funeral related stonemason works, e.g. Slab removals, will continue as required.
Visitation at the Cemetery
Per current government regulations, you may visit our locations to attend a funeral, but restrictions apply. At this time, you may only visit our sites to attend a funeral or confirmed appointment. You may also visit for exercise if you live within 10 km from our sites.
We understand that this may be a difficult time for many. We have a shared responsibility to comply with government public health measures to help slow the spread of COVID-19 and continue to adapt our services to help keep our community safe. We thank you for your understanding as we continue to adapt our services to these changes.
FUNERAL ATTENDANCE RESTRICTIONS EFFECTIVE FROM SUNDAY 11TH JULY 2021
Access to our offices will be by appointment only. Our phone and online channels remain fully operational to assist you with any enquiry. Please contact us to discuss how we can best work with you.Please contact our offices to make an appointment.
- Rookwood Catholic Office 02 9649 6423
- Liverpool Office 02 9602 0344
- Kemps Creek Office 02 9826 2273
We appreciate this is a challenging time for everyone, and we thank you for your understanding as we continue to adapt our services to these changes.
Under these changes, the maximum indoor capacity for our chapels/lounges are listed below:
Rookwood Catholic Cemetery
- Mary, Mother of Mercy Chapel – Maximum Capacity 10
(Live streaming of services available)
- Sacred Heart Chapel – Maximum Capacity 10
- Mary, Mother of Mercy Condolence Room – Maximum Capacity 10
- Reflection Chapel – Maximum Capacity 10
- Waratah Lounge – Maximum Capacity 10
- Mount Carmel Mausoleum – Maximum Capacity 10
Kemps Creek Memorial Park
- The Pavilion – Maximum Capacity 10
These numbers exclude the funeral director, priest/celebrant and essential staff.
MANDATORY DIGITAL ATTENDEE CHECK-IN FOR FUNERALS FROM 23 NOVEMBER 2020
The NSW government has announced that from Monday, 23 November 2020, the recording of customer information by using digital means eg. QR codes, will be mandatory in NSW for funerals, memorial services and after service functions.
Guests attending these events at any of our sites will be required to use their mobile phone to check in using our QR Code which is on prominent display at our offices, chapels and condolence lounge facilities.
Attendees without a mobile phone will be asked to record their contact details on a attendance register provided at the event by either the funeral director or cemetery.
In order to avoid unnecessary delays at the time of service, we would kindly ask Funeral Directors and families to inform attendees in advance of this check in requirement.
All Catholic Cemeteries + Crematoria locations have been registered as COVID safe.
Cemetery Events Cancelled
With the outbreak of COVID-19, the Annual Masses across all cemetery locations will be available for online viewing. For Monthly Masses at our cemeteries please check our Events Calendar.
The health and safety of our team members and the communities we serve come first. We will continue to keep you updated through our website and Facebook.
Additional Precautionary Measures
Catholic Cemeteries + Crematoria (CCC) is closely monitoring all available information provided by the Department of Health and the World Health Organisation (WHO) to develop strategies to prioritise the safety of our customers and employees.
Catholic Cemeteries + Crematoria (CCC) will take all necessary and reasonable steps to mitigate against the risk of transmission of infection within our cemeteries and facilities. Furthermore, we have an active line of communication with all staff to adhere to local health guidelines and self-quarantine requirements including seeking medical advice, respiratory hygiene and arrangements for remote working.
In order to enhance our high standards of hygiene and cleanliness across all our sites, we are introducing a number of additional precautionary measures to reduce the risk of infection and keep everyone safe. These include:
> Hard surface cleansing in the chapels after each service
> Deep clean of chapels and other facilities on a daily basis
> Ensure hand sanitiser is available to customers
> Staff issued with additional PPE where required
> Minimise person to person contact within our service environment
> Familiarise all staff around hygiene practices and COVID-19
Please do not hesitate to contact our offices if you have any additional questions.
Rookwood Catholic – 1300 114 997
Liverpool – (02) 9602 0344
Kemps Creek – (02) 9826 2273
Sydney Olympic Park Head Office – (02) 8713 5700
For existing bookings and new appointments
If you have recently been exposed to a confirmed or suspected COVID-19 patient, contact us and we will re-book or book your appointment.
If you are reading this out of hours, please leave your details and we will contact you as soon as possible.